Saturday, June 22, 2013

Candy Dots

I have been able to spend two glorious days in my studio and it looks like tomorrow will be another of the same!  I am BEYOND excited by all of the play time I have been able to get in and the catch up I am able to  do.

With my Open House, Retreat, Card Class and the birthday's that I have missed (21 of them!) I am in dire need of some great studio time!

With all of the cards I have made over the last two days, I must say I am just so tickled with the new candy dots!

Here are a few of the cards I made that I enjoyed playing with the dots in.


I loved Tina's Poppy card and I had to CASE and tweak it just a bit, primarily to use the Candy Dots with the brads.  I have missed playing with the Vellum Card Stock so I went ahead and embossed the Poppies onto the Vellum and colored the back of the vellum using markers and the Blender Pen.  I love the soft look of the poppies on the card and what better way to attach the vellum to the paper than with the Candy Dots and brad?  I did two similar cards, one with a sentiment in Garden Green and the other plain.  I thought the Garden Green needed to be brought to the top so I changed out the Candy Dots and used Garden Green instead of Early Espresso and I think it turned out nicely!


I also added a small Garden Green border on the bottom of the card and framed it in with the pearls.  It looks AMAZING in real life!


When I saw the Gingham wheel in the new catalog I knew I had to have it to make cards for my mom!  Her birthday is next week (Hope you aren't reading this, Mom!) and the wheel had to come out.  I swiped the side of the card and added the Melon Mambo candy dots to jazz it up a bit!

Love, love, love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment