Friday, June 7, 2013

Playing in the new studio

The hubby is off working and the new kittens are back in their little crate so I have lots of time to play in my new studio with some of my new stamps!

I am not necessarily a "wheel" kind of gal and even though I have a few of them I don't really use them all too much.  However, when I saw the new Shop Around wheel in the current Stampin' Up! catalog I knew I had to have it!

So I figured I would have a good time tonight and play with the wheel.


I did up two cards using the same colors and theme, but switched them up just a bit.  Each of the cards were created with Raspberry Ripple as the card and ribbon color and Crumb Cake as the 1st layer color and the ink for the Shop Around wheel.

With the first one I used the Dress Up dress form framelit and added a flower from the flower trim that was in the Spring Mini Catalog.  I thought the pearls under the Raspberry Ripple ribbon was a nice touch to help jazz it up just a bit.


The second card uses the same colors, but I had this wonderful stamp that I had bought a couple of years ago that I have never used and thought this would be the PERFECT time to use her.  I framed in using the Labels framelits and stamped and sponged her in Crumb Cake.  I absolutely LOVE the flower ribbon trim so I decked her out in the trim.


Both of the cards use the same sentiment on the inside from the sentiment stamp set "Feel Goods" and it just seems to go PERFECT with the cards.

Needless to say, I am having a ball and can't wait to play with some of the other new colors and stamp sets I got!

Happy Stamping!
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment