Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!


This past weekend I got to go back home and visit my mom for her birthday, have a wonderful little happy hour for her and of course, make her a birthday card!  She is getting ready to move into a new house and one of her rooms has a yellow, gray and black theme and I thought this card would be PERFECT for her birthday and possibly as an accent piece in the room!

I kept the front generic with no sentiment, just in case the card makes it into the new room!  =)  Hint, hint, hint.

I will honestly admit that I am not a fan of braying.  I hate the mess, I hate cleaning the dang gone thing and I hate that my fingers are a wreck afterwards.  However, with this card I made an exception and I am glad that I did.  I had to redo this several times to get the white embossing to pop and I am quite happy with the results.

I did a quick bray job with Basic Grey on white paper and then embossed over it with white.  Up close the effect is super cool with the different color texture and I am considering rethinking my disdain for the brayer! MAYBE!  =)

Happy Stamping!
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment