Friday, March 9, 2012

Designing the Layout

Gooseberry Cottage is almost all finished with the drywall!  They are going to be texturing today and then this weekend we will get to painting!  YES!!!!  It is all coming together quite quickly and it has been beyond exciting!

While the guys are busting their butts getting everything ready for carpet and final move in I have been bashing my head together trying to figure out where I am going to put all of my goodies!  I originally tried to "draw" my ideas, but that failed miserably!  (I don't draw well!!!)  So then I figured I would do what I do best!  Cut paper!


All of my furniture is cut to scale and I can move them all over the place to see what I like and where.  I am sure I will end up changing the final design a half a dozen times before May and then at least two more times when I actually get it IN the cottage, but this makes me happy in the interim and that is all that really matters, right?  =)

I did have a bit of a snafu with the size of the patio which caused me GREAT ANGST!   Thank God my husband is calm, rational and has a ton of great ideas!   We will be fixing my 7 foot debacle with some really cool stuff from Ikea!!!!   And let's face it, any excuse to go to Ikea and buy stuff is a good thing!


So here we are, almost all set and getting ready to be painted!!

Happy Stamping!
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment