Saturday, February 23, 2013

Homes for the Lonely

I love that impulse buy when I am walking down the stamp aisle at Michael's or Joann's.  I KNOW I don't need any more stamps, but I can't help myself.  I don't have THAT kind of dandelion!  And who can have "too" many Paris stamps??  Then I get my bag home and go to put away my stamps and I have no where to put them.  Except to put them in a drawer or a photo box to be lost forever!  To be forgotten and unused.  How horrible is that?!

So lonely and forgotten

Then the clouds parted, the sun shone through and Kim's mom let us in on a little post-Christmas secret.  Kim's hubby made her a super cool wall mounted stamp display!

Kim's Super Cool Display
He even made different shelf sizes so the little ones didn't get lost with the big ones!  How cool is that?!

THEN I was perusing through Pinterest this morning and I saw ANOTHER super cool stamp display that actually HIDES behind the door!

It's like a stamp ninja!
I am a total VISUAL organizer and I love the idea of being able to see all of the stamps.  Of course, my main issue at the moment is not having ANY wall space left in my cottage.  However, I may see if I can talk my hubby into building something similar to Kim's on the side of a book case OR maybe I will have to part with my pretty trellis and throw in a tall stamp ninja shelf next to the bathroom.

Of course, I could confiscate the guest room in the cottage and totally turn that into a Wall of Wonder!  Oooh, I like the sound of THAT one!

How do you organize your single stamps?

Happy Stamping!
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment