Thursday, June 14, 2012

All My Supplies

All of My Color Fun
 THIS is my favorite part of Gooseberry Cottage!  I used to lie awake at night dreaming of this!  It was driving me crazy that I couldn't start it when I lived in Gilbert and that I had to wait to get to New Mexico!  Every time I would make a card and I had to go to 3 or 4 different areas in my studio to get what I needed it would irritate me so much!  Now that I am here I am in HEAVEN!

So here is my theory!  The baskets are organized by color family and then they flip flop between hears and butterflies so I know when one color family ends and another begins.

Goodies in the Baskets

Here is what inside the baskets look like!  Each basket as the ink, ribbons, buttons, brads, refills, sponges, extra ribbon pieces I didn't use or even punched out labels, butterflies, etc.  It is all in one place!  I can them all at my fingertips and I love it!  I have also realized that when I have everything out before me I find new uses for some of the accessories I would forget about!  LOVE IT!!!!

Close up of my baskets

Keeping Them Safe
Right now I am surrounded by DIRT!  A LOT OF DIRT!  Everything in my cottage has a thin layer of dirt and I have been here a week!  It is driving me insane!  But my hubby and son are busting their backs to get my courtyard finished and gravel and grass in so it will cut down on all of this yuckiness!  In the meantime, he installed these gorgeous frosted glass doors on my shelving units to keep them safe and dust free!



I can't tell you how much I love this organizational system and how much time it saves me!  Plus it didn't cost me a lot at all!  $49 for the Billy bookcase, $70 for the doors, and the baskets were $1 a piece on Amazon!

LOVE IT!

2 comments:

  1. I loved your idea for the color coded baskets so as I was organizing my new shelves in my craft room I copied your idea and it makes my room look fabulous! Thanks for the great idea. Check it out at http://christicreativecrew.blogspot.com/2012/06/night-was-first-night-of-my-open-house.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVE your craft room and I am so happy that you liked the idea!!! I can't tell you how much I LOVE it!!!!!!

      Delete