Sunday, June 17, 2012

Christmas in July - Snowflakes

I am getting ready for our Christmas in July class that is coming up and yesterday while the men folk were working, I got to spend the entire afternoon and evening in my cottage!  I got 3 of the 4 cards finished and the last one I am saving until I get the new goodies from the Stampin' Up! holiday catalog.  Oh ya, baby!

There are so many cards out there that are beyond inspiring, some I CASE, some I tweak and other's are just my own attempt at making a passable card.

The last card I put together last night was one that I tweaked and I figured it may be a nice way of doing things to show you my inspiration piece and what my brain saw and reproduced!

My Christmas Card

Inspiration Piece

I haven't a clue as to who did up this wonderful Valentine's Card, but if you know who's art work this is, please let me know so I can credit them!!

I absolutely loved the sponging over the white embossing of the hearts and I thought it would make a cute snowflake Christmas card.  I am pretty sure she used a brayer, but I am not a fan so I used a sponge instead.  I am also a bow gal and I love the satin ribbon that Stampin' Up! USED to sell (still bitter about that ribbon line going away...VERY BITTER!) but thankfully I bought some extra stash and we will be using it on our Christmas card.  I thought the rhinestones added a nice little sparkly touch to the snowflakes and voila!  My own little reproduction of the cute Valentine's Day card!

Happy Stamping!
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment