Thursday, March 14, 2013

Evernote Update

I have been having a BALL updating and playing with Evernote.  I am so thankful that I stumbled upon that post on the Stamping Connection and decided to download!

I am slowly but surely getting all of my stamps uploaded and it has been easier than I thought!  One of the really cool things that I didn't know that it was capable of was searching for words within the images!  For example; I was looking for a Just a Note stamp for a card order and as I started to type I saw images that I had "tagged" AND ones that actually had that in the words of the stamp image itself!  At first I thought it was a fluke, so I tried it again and again!  I was SHOCKED!!!!  Talk about EXCITING!

Once I got my feet wet with the stamp inventory, I moved onto something else.  Recipes!

Right now, I keep them either in the Card Class Project List or on those cute snarky comment recipe cards from Michael's.  The recipe cards are nice to use and I love filling them in while I am doing a card, but it is RARE that I go back to them and it doesn't have an actual picture of the card I made.  Hmmmmmm.  Evernote??

YES!  I created a new Notebook and labeled it Recipes and now I put in my recipe for the card AND the picture front and back.  Talk about wonderful!  I am not sure if I will go back and put in past cards and recipes, but I am going to start doing it going forward.  I figured it would also be a great way for me to see which stamp sets are being used and which are collecting dust.

So far I am really enjoying Evernote and I think the next experiment is going to be with my downline!  So get ready, ladies!  An email will be coming your way shortly!

Happy Organizing!

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment