Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sew Cute

A craft room or space is more than just a place to "dump" all of your goodies.  It is a sanctuary, a haven, a place where you can go and let your mind create.  It is a place to be inspired, a place to feel alive and a place where you feel all warm and fuzzy to be in.

My parents moved back in October and it has taken until March for my mom to FINALLY get her sewing put together and when she finally got around to it she turned her sanctuary into more than just a sewing room, she filled it with memories.

Family photos

Bookcases that hold more than just books, but a travelling Raggedy Ann and mementos from friends.  Plus a bunch of cross stitch projects I made for her YEARS ago!

A place to sit and read

Framed book of poems
My mom told Garrett and I this wonderful story of this cute little book of poems that my Grandma used to read to her and her brother's and sister's when they had a tornado warning.  They would all be wrapped in their favorite blankets, snuggled in the hallway, while my Grandma would read poems to them.  I believe my Aunt Net has the original and she found a copy at a used bookstore and sent one to my mom.  She keeps it framed in her sewing room.

A nice reminder when the day seems to be going a bit awry!

Lots of fun ribbon

Her sewing machine with the cute bunny cover my grandma made for her.

Patterns

Stamping station
I love the fact that my mom is surrounded by all of her happy memories, her pretty things and items that were either made for her or given as gifts by those she loves.

Love you, Mom!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment