Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Getting Down to Business

I have an INCREDIBLE network of entrepreneurs that have given me amazing advice, become great friends and even used me for my perky personality!  =)  They have supported me over the years, encouraged me when I am frazzled and cheer lead like there is no tomorrow.  In all honesty, I am extremely blessed!

After taking a few years off from the world of owning my own business, there is nothing more important than going back to my roots per se.  After sifting through all of the past brainstorming sessions, networking meetings, radio shows, podcasts, blogs and silliness at local restaurants; one thing still rings true.  The brilliance of simplicity.

Stuart Preston told Vicki Riley her time would be better spent without a needle in her hand.  Vicki is the creator of Dinky Baby and at the time when we were all struggling to get our businesses off the ground, Vicki was MAKING Dinky Baby dolls.  With those few little words of wisdom from Stuart, Vicki went from making the actual dolls to creating patterns so EVERYONE could make a Dinky Baby.  Can anyone say, "Brilliant"?

Although I am not in the "business" of making dolls or patterns for that matter, it did get those creative juices flowing in my brain.  I have already made that first jump to figuring out what I do best and re-situating my blog to fit my little niche now it's time to take it a step further.

It is time to put everyone's good advice BACK to work.  It's time to get the show on the road and that's exactly what we will be doing!

There will be a lot of updates, changes, consolidating, building (literally and figuratively) and learning over the next few months and I am beyond excited!

One of the latest and greatest additions to our Gooseberry Cottage blog is our newsletter!  If you haven't done so, please sign up just to the left of our posting or click here to sign up!  Our newsletter will be PACKED full of fun tidbits of the going's on around here, techniques for sprucing up your cards, new products, classes and you'll be the first to be "in the know" of our future endeavors!

Of course, if you have any words of wisdom, suggestions, two cents and brilliant epiphanies PLEASE share!  I can use all I can get!  I should probably break out the ol' whiteboard and find some wall space, because I am going to need it!

Thank you so much for all of your support and patience during this exciting time!!!

Happy Stamping!!!

Suzanne


No comments:

Post a Comment